We can still take deposits for our cruise to the Southern Caribbean February 6 – 18, 2021. The deposit is $100 and needs to be paid as soon as possible to hold the cabin. The prices are $1600, $1650, or $2000 depending on the type of cabin you want. If you need further details, please call Linda Bonner at 304-478-2423.
Lancaster trip #2
We have had requests to do another Lancaster trip to see “Esther” since the first one is full. We have made arrangements for the exact same trip for July 21 – 23, 2020. The price is $485. Your $75 deposit will only be refunded if we do not do the trip. Please callas soon as possible so we are sure if we have enough to do the trip. No reservations will be taken after February 14, 2020.
TRIPS FOR 2020
The trips we are working on for 2020 are:
- June 30 & July 1—Pittsburgh Pirates, Gateway Clipper Luncheon Cruise, Heinz Museum, strip district shopping, and the Trolley Museum. $285
- July 21 – 23—second trip to Lancaster to see “Esther”, visit Kreider Farm, and go to The American Movie Theater for a British Invasion show. $485
- September 14—A visit to the churches in Cumberland, MD with the history of the area. This is a “Faith & Food” tour. We will be having a Jewish holiday breakfast, a lunch of ethnic German dishes, and an Italian dinner at Puccini’s restaurant. There will also be 2 musical performances and a visit to the Underground Railroad site. $170.
- We are still working on a Christmas trip for this year. We are looking at New York City with the Rockettes, Rockefeller Center, the 911 Memorial & Museum, and city touring. We previously said we might include Philadelphia in this trip and we may still. We might also decide to do Philadelphia as a separate trip because of the cost and the weather in Philly in December could be rather cold to be walking around. When we decide on our exact plan, we will let you know.
- We are also checking on a trip to the Johnstown/ Altoona, PA area. This would be a train ride around the famous Horseshoe Curve, visits to the Boyer’s Candy Outlet, Benzel’s Pretzel Outlet, lunch, Horseshoe Curve Visitor’s Center, Railroader’s Memorial Museum and a wine tasting at Oak Spring Winery. This trip will have considerable walking and steps. $185
ATTORNEY GENERAL’S REPRESENTATIVE TO VISIT TUCKER COUNTY
The representative from the Attorney General’s office will be at the Parsons Center on Thursday, January 16th from 11:00a.m. until noon. If you have a concern, please bring it to her and she will help you any way she can.
The Tucker County Senior Centers will be closed on Monday, January 20, 2020 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. They will reopen on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at their regular time.
- TOP OUTPOST
The Mt. Top Center will hold their monthly Outpost on Tuesday, January 21, 2020. The day will begin at 10:45 a.m. with a couple of readings. This will be followed by entertainment by Dennis Filler with his horn instruments. Please bring your favorite covered dish and join us for good fellowship, great entertainment, and fantastic food.
SHIP PROGRAM AT PARSONS CENTER
There will be a short SHIP program at the Parsons Center at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, January 23, 1010. Please come and hear about Medicare changes for 2020.
Save the dates of June 16 -19, 2020 for the Senior Olympics. More details later but we would love to have more of you join us for this fun time.