This is a photo of the Tannery in Parsons. Note the smoke stack which still stands today. According to records, the Tannery was built in 1893 by Thomas Gould and his sister, Abbie Gould. The Tannery changed hands several times, being owned by J. K. Mosser, Howard Smith, Thomas Keck and the Armour Leather Company. The Tannery had a complete rebuild in 1900-1902. The Tannery had damage in the flood of October 1954. It employed 85 and cured 550 hides daily. Ideas or comments contact Tim Turner 304-478-3389.