I am glad to report that Amber made it through the fireworks with “flying colors” so to speak. She was scared at first but after a few pops she was okay. I used to feel so bad for Abby because the noise scared here to the point that she would get sick. I miss her so much, but I guess loss is just a part of life. Momma Said, “We are born, we grow, we live and then we die.”
It is what you do between the beginning and the end that counts. You can choose to waste your life or really do something with it. I have worked hard all my life and done some interesting things, but I don’t think I have really lived. I have never been out of the country, which I don’t really want to do anyway, I have been across the USA three times, but never got to see any of the interesting things that this country has to offer. I would like to go West and see the Grand Canyon, see the Redwoods, and put my foot in the Pacific Ocean. Momma Said, “Just my foot, I don’t want to be eaten by a shark.”
I would love to go to Alaska and see the eagles and see a herd of longhorns in Texas. I want to hear an elk bugle in Montana and see Mount Rushmore. We have so many wonderful things to see in this country that it could take a lifetime to see them all. It is hard to believe that I am going to be 60 years old this year and I have hardly traveled outside the state of West Virginia. I want to live right up to the minute that I die. My life might seem trivial to some, but I want to live it the way I want.
Maybe someday.before it is too late, I will be the crazy, eccentric person that some families have and go explore this great country. I will throw all the critters in an RV and send postcards to the family from every state in the Union.
Butter Garlic Herb Steak Foil Packets
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into fourths
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- ½ red onion, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pound top sirloin steak, cut into one inch cubed
Garlic Herb Butter:
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a medium sized bowl add the red potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and red onion. Add salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.
- Place four 18×12-inch pieces of heavy aluminum foil on counter. Evenly place vegetable mixture on each piece of foil. Top vegetables with steak.
- To make the garlic herb butter: In a small bowl add the butter, parsley, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Divide evenly and place on top of the steak. Double fold top and ends of each piece of foil, leaving space for steam to gather.
- Place packets on the grill and cover. Grill 15 minutes or until steak is cooked through and veggies are tender. Carefully open packets and serve.
- Notes: Flip the packets over onto the flame at the very end to give the beef and veggies a slight char.