My brother visited recently and brought his two beautiful dogs with him. He has a Brittany Spaniel and a Border Collie both weighing in at about 25-30 pounds each. They love to snuggle on the couch with him and now I have a problem. Amber/AKA/Mudpuppy now thinks she is a lap dog as well. The problem is that she weighs twice as much as the other dogs. You cannot tell me that dogs do not solve problems. She didn’t try to get in my lap until she saw the others do it. Momma Said, “Monkey see, monkey do!”
She does the puppy dog eyes and slowly creeps her way up into the chair. She thinks she is being sneaky about it. She will look at me from the side of her eye and act like I can’t see her. I won’t say anything and ever so slowly she will climb into my lap. I don’t mind but she sure has sharp elbows. Poor Bailey is so crippled up with arthritis that she just lays at my feet. She still gets around just ever so slowly.
They are my family as well as my siblings and they will be treated with the same respect. My animals are my confidents and secret keepers. People think they don’t understand when you are upset or sad. I can testify that my animals can read me as well as any human. Emotions are a very powerful thing and innocent souls can pick up any change.
I wish I had a big farm with all sorts of animals to take care of and love. I would be in my element if I had the money and the property to have a sanctuary. I could live among the animals and just leave the turmoil of everyday life behind me.
SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN BATTER
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Combine the flour with the garlic salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika in a big plastic bag.
- Put the chicken in the bag, seal it and shake to coat it.
- Dip the flour-coated chicken in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 365 degrees F. Brown the chicken on all sides in the hot oil.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and give the chicken another half an hour or until it is cooked through.
- Drain it on paper towels and serve