This photo is of the Laneville School. The photo is dated May 18, 1910. According to records the two room school was closed by Board of Education action on July 7, 1915 after the first saw mill moved out. A one room school was then used until December 6, 1960. When school opened for the 1960-61 term, the teacher was Earl Chester Marple and sixteen students attended. Mr. Marple resigned after 52 days of school and there was no replacement found so the students were sent to either the Flanagan Hill or Wolford School. Ideas or comments call Tim Turner 304-478-3389.