The following citations have been filed in the Tucker County Magistrate Office:
· Christopher Scott Taylor of Mechanicsville, Va. was cited for Speeding (61-45) by Sgt. C.D. Siler. He pled guilty and was assessed a fine of $4.20 and court cost of $165.80.
· Timothy Allen Poling of Philippi was cited for Speeding (64-55) and No valid proof of registration by Sgt. C.D. Siler. Both citations were dismissed by the State.
· Donald R. Hinchman of ALT Highlands, NJ was cited for No seatbelt by TFC J.E. Kopec. He was assessed fines of $25.
The following criminal complaint was filed with the Tucker County Magistrate Court:
· John Joseph Morton, Jr. of 57 Jersey Lane, Parsons, was charged with the offense of Armed Robbery. According to the criminal complaint, Morton entered the pharmacy area of the Parsons Rite-Aid on July 16, and placed a gun in the back of the pharmacist and demanded the drug Oxycontin. The pharmacist told the defendant there was no Oxycontin in the pharmacy, Morton then demanded Percocet. The pharmacist opened the drug safe and indicated the location of the medication defendant was demanding, at which time defendant grabbed three unopened bottles of the drugs and ran from the store. Two of the three bottles contained 100 tablets of Oxycodone/Acetaminophen 5mg/325mg and the third bottle contained 100 tablets of Oxycodone/Acetaminophen 10mg/650mg. All three bottles contained medication that is only available by prescription that is a generic version of the drug Percocet. Morton was located on Poplar Street and apprehended nearly five hours after the crime was committed. Morton confessed to the crime after he was read his Miranda Rights and he was then transported to the Tygart Valley Regional Jail. He was arraigned by Magistrate Carol Irons on July 17, and a cash bond of $250,000 was set.
The following case has been assigned to Magistrate Carol Irons:
· Dustin Carr was charged with Malicious or unlawful assault, assault, battery on May 1. He was released on a PR bond of $500 and a court hearing has been set for August 27.
The following case has been assigned to Magistrate Riley H. Barb:
· Mark E. Puffinburger was charged with Speed limitations on July 7 and pled Not Guilty. A court hearing has been set for September 5.
The following cases have been Adjudged in Tucker County Magistrate Court:
· Levi McCauley Case was Dismissed by the State for Failure to appear per plea agreement.
· Paula J. Phillips of Hendricks, received Judgment of Guilty Plea for one count obtaining money, property and services by false pretenses. Felony charge was dismissed and reduced to a misdemeanor charge. She received a suspended sentence of 30 days in jail and court cost of $165.25. Original date of charge was April 22.