I hope everyone had a great day with your moms over Mother’s Day. I wish I still had mine so I could give her a big hug. I visited the cemetery and placed flowers on Mom and Gran. It is a sobering feeling every time I go to see their names engraved on those monuments. The dates are frozen in time but it still seems as if it was yesterday. Momma Said, “Never take your time with loved ones for granted, it can be gone in a second.”
I am still having trouble with my friend that I spoke of last week. She is sucked into this scam so deep that she cannot seem to see anything for what it is. I would like to get a hold on this man and do him some real harm. These people are so smart when it comes to these kinds of acts that it is impossible to stop them.
I think she needs a Dr. Phil intervention. She is now under the impression that he is going to marry her and sweep her away to exotic lands, all he needs to do is wait for his “dividend checks” to come in so he can come see her. The funny thing is, with all of today’s technology, he has yet to meet her face to face on the computer. Would that not raise a red flag for anyone with half a brain? Momma Said, “God only knows where this is leading.”
If anyone who is reading this knows of anyway to get this scumbag, please let me know. Momma Said, “I would like to take him out back the woodshed and show him a thing or two!” Mom sure would have if she was still here. I hate to continue to harp on this issue, but it is so prevalent these days that good people are being taking advantage of. Please take the time to check on your friends and family and make sure they are safe and secure.
Blackened Fish Fillets
- 2 tsps paprika
- ½ tsps dried oregano, crumbled
- ½ tsps onion powder
- ¼ tsps cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsps salt
- ¼ tsps ground black pepper
- 4 catfish or tilapia fillets (1 ¾ pounds)
- 2 Tbls vegetable oil
- Blend paprika, oregano, onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pat fish fillets dry with paper towels, then rub spice mixture into both sides of fish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets and cook 4 minutes, until cooked
- through and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
- The spices could also be used on chicken.